The Mobile Effect
A Day in the Life of a Field Engineer
Alliance Mobile Field Service Software
Astea is Reinventing The Wireless Revolution
In today’s competitive market, you need to optimize your field service resources to reduce overhead, yet still find ways to continually improve service value and delivery and generate new revenue. Field service automation is key to accomplishing these strategic goals. Alliance Mobile helps you to do more with less, by making every service engineer your best — with a wealth of knowledge and experience in hand. Astea's cutting edge mobility solution leverages the latest HTML5 technology to deliver a hybrid mobile solution with native capabilities. With the ability to operate with the latest devices in the market including Android smartphones and tablets, iPhones, and iPads, organizations can choose the device that works best for their environment and still be able to leverage the most powerful mobile solution designed specifically for the way field technicians work.
- Alliance Mobile leverages the latest advances in technology to optimize field service processes. Communicating with the office, receiving and completing work orders, and submitting service tickets are all done electronically using a mobile device. Technicians are armed with all the information they need to ensure first time fix rates as well as minimize delays between jobs due to not having parts, getting lost, etc. Field service engineers no longer waste valuable time on paperwork and other administrative tasks.
- Users experience a sleek and innovative user interface, while having the ability to continue working, whether they are in or out of wireless coverage. Information is recorded and automatically sent as soon as the wireless connection is re-established, without technician intervention. The entire process is transparent to the engineer and to the dispatcher. More importantly, customers are guaranteed uninterrupted service.
- Field service technicians’ days are transformed by receiving work orders which are automatically sent to the device, being able to view asset and service history; customer, account and job site information; contract and warranty information; receiving step-by-step guidance to complete the job; capturing customer signature; and completing work orders for invoicing.
- Technicians can manage their own schedules as well as track time and expenses in the field while keeping the home office updated in real time.
- Field technicians have a real-time view of current inventory levels as well as parts availability. They can post parts used against the work order, request parts if they are not in van stock, track their van stock, receive inventory and ship parts back to the warehouse or depot for closed loop tracking of returns and vendor claims. The benefit is having the right part for the right job at the right time to increase first time fix rate and ultimately increasing customer satisfaction.
- Field service technicians can easily communicate, via text-based messaging, with other technicians. This makes it easy for the field service technicians to stay connected and make sure that they get everything needed to deliver outstanding service.
- Increase Revenue from Technician Productivity
- Reduce Paperwork
- Reduction in Service Delivery Costs
- Reduction in Inventory Carrying Costs
- Reduction in Travel Costs
- Minimize SLA Penalties
- Accelerate Invoicing Process
Request Alliance Mobile Brochure