Back to Careers Page
Job Title: QA Analyst/Packaging Specialist
The QA Analyst/Software Packaging Specialist is responsible for performing software testing and quality assurance tasks during software development life cycle on assigned projects. The QA Analyst will also be responsible for communicating with other departments within the Client Services and Core Product QA Representatives to resolve issues relating to assigned tasks. Additionally, the position requires designing and utilizing software product packaging to ensure product release integrity under varying delivery conditions. QA Analyst/Software Packaging Specialist must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, tools and procedures in software delivery.
Reports to: Director, Client Service Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform the following duties and responsibilities with close supervision utilizing defined procedures and policies:
- Completes assigned QA tasks to ensure achievement within deadlines and expectations of those tasks. Identifies, analyzes, and documents defects, questionable functionality, errors and inconsistencies in the software/products using established processes and procedures as well as following through to completion. Develops queries to analyze and verify/validate the contents of the database.
- Reviews requirement documents and creates /executes test scripts, test matrices, and test plans for both functional and nonfunctional testing. Completes QA related documentation.
- Utilizes and provides feedback on processes for Regression, Performance, Smoke testing, and Release Management to improve capacity and consistency of deliverables.
- Prepares code releases to send software fixes and custom software changes to clients, along with release related documents. Completes software packaging using industry best practices and in house tools. Assist with producing and updating procedure documentation for Software Packaging.
- Communicates and escalates issues/problems effectively to Management, Programmer Analysts, Business Analysts, and Project Managers to provide QA scheduling/planning for special projects as well as defect resolution during software development life cycle in a concise and professional manner.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) from four-year college or university in business, computer science, or related field, or related equivalent experience.
- At least 1 – 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in Quality Assurance field. Experience testing web applications (preferably .Net) and mobile applications preferred. Experience in analyzing business requirements, writing test scripts, test matrices and test plans with understanding of the QA process, and working with Programmer Analysts, Business Analysts and Project Managers to track defects through to resolution.
- Proficient in testing software products according to industry standards with a focus on manual testing experience with automated tools a plus.
- Prefer at least 1 year experience in Software Packing and or Software Distribution of operating systems including but not limited to XP, Server 2003 and Server 2008 and Windows7– in both 32 and 64bit configurations.
- Experience working in a medium to large scale Enterprise Software Management environment.
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Back to Careers Page