Back to Careeers Page
Job Title: Business Solutions Consultant
Reports to: VP, Client Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Business Solutions Consultant provides consulting services to Astea's client base worldwide. The person will work closely with the client defining and delivering solutions using product, industry and business knowledge to provide clients with an efficient, integrated service lifestyle management business solution. Travel to client site is on average 30-60% of the time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand Service Operations management as it relates to resource planning, scheduling, financial transaction processing, parts and contract management, and apply that understanding to needs analysis, requirement gathering and product roadmap activities
- Work with clients to define and design their business processes and requirements and translate these into technical configuration selections within product.
- Design related duties include functional data mapping and feature gap definition and analysis
- Leverage and refine Astea Implementation methodology to ensure an efficient and consistent approach is taken to roll-out the service management solution for our customers.
- Understand and leverage application configuration standards and best practices for all assignments
- Collaboratively work onsite on complex client projects as part of a customer deployment team
- In collaboration with clients, analyze operational and statutory requirements for workforce planning and scheduling and configure Astea’s scheduling tools to meet these requirements
- In collaboration with clients, analyze operational and statutory requirements for workforce mobility solutions and configure Astea’s mobile tools to meet these requirements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of product.
- Manage custom testing process, defining test scenarios, developing test script, and participating in and performing the testing scenarios
- Work closely with Project Manager to manage project schedules, status reports and issue, gaps, activities logs
- Provide feedback to the technical support organization about potential product issues and client enhancements
- Contribute to the Astea product roadmap, defining the overall application architecture (e.g. Astea Alliance, interfaces, converted data, reporting, etc.) as it pertains to clients’ use of the software
- May serve as a senior level pre-sales support and post-sales technical support specialist
- May be required to train clients and/or end users on the application
- Participate in training and mentoring new hires.
- 5+ years’ experience providing business consulting services to deploy an enterprise ERP solution within an organization
- Outstanding communication, analytic and presentation (crafting messages, strong presence) skills
- Outstanding organizational and workshop management skills to effectively lead and manage interactions with large groups of people
- Outstanding documentation skills to translate information being received into clear, concise and through requirements and or solution definition documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, business, accounting or related field/experience
- Ability to travel 30-60% of time, including international travel, as required by assigned engagements
- Experience working in or managing a service operation a plus
- Knowledge of ERP and enterprise-wide systems and architectures and appreciation of the big picture in systems development, deployment and integration
- Knowledge of workforce planning and scheduling systems
- Knowledge of mobile workforce management systems
- Experience with software development and delivery lifecycle management (SDLC)
- Proven ability to understand business challenges and translate them in to technical solutions
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of software deployment projects (software, hardware, network, etc.).
- Proficient in use of software deployment productivity tools (i.e., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, MS SQL Query)
If you are a bright dynamic individual looking to join a rapid growth company that offers opportunity combined with a collegial team environment and possess the required skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please send cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax to 215-565-2682 attn: Human Resources. No phone calls please!